Monday, August 22, 2005

Charity events...to go

I just got everything prepped and shipped off to three upcoming doggie charity events to which I am donating custom pet portrait gift certificates. Knowing that something I was able to contribute helped an animal in need, somewhere, is a wonderful feeling. It's nice to know that, by doing something I love to do anyway, I can help make a tangible, positive diffence in the life or lives of a dog, a cat, or other pet. It's a nice feeling. Before donating to pet charities, the only charity work I had done in my adult life was the Project Bread Walk For Hunger, last year (2004). I ended up raising $1,050 for the charity (and, well, my hips were killing me by the end of the walk) but it definitely sparked the 'help' bug in me, for sure. What you get back from helping out is so much more than what you sacrifice.

Lake Erie Greyhound Rescue
http://greyhound.marinar.com/

Cocker Spaniel Rescue of New England
http://www.csrne.org/

Guardian Angels Pug Rescue
www.guardianangelspugrescue.com

No comments: