Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sometimes I wonder what is appropriate, or unappropriate, material for me to post here. I would LOVE to share current portrait work here (actual pictures of portraits I'm currently working on), but I am extremely careful not to, unless I have express permission from my clients. The portait process can be quite personal and there is a strong element of trust between myself and my clients since they share some personal things with me. I think it is fine for me to share steps the actual artwork goes through, after the work is all done.

For every portrait, I scan the pencil sketch, the ink drawing, as well as the final painting. The work always goes through such interesting changes during the time it is actively being worked on. Many times there is a revision or two to the sketch. I think it would be interesting to show some examples of sketch revisions I've made.

No comments: