Sunday, November 13, 2005

Update #2

I now have a functioning standing art station!! It is wonderful, and it assures that I can do some work, all while keeping my back in a position which will not cause any further harm to it. Caveat (to my back issue): I unfortunately have had to cut back on my pet portraiture working hours, though. Basically, I have to either stand, or lie down, most all of the time. Those are my two positions. Since I get sore after standing for too long, I do a lot of standing-then-lying (and icing), standing-then-lying (and icing). So, not as much intense working time as usual. So, I am still working - but just not able to do as much. And I am so GLAD I can still work. I'm getting over the frustration at not being able to be as productive as usual. But, honestly, this too shall pass! It's not a forever thing, and at this point I just have to take the best care of myself that I can, so I can overcome it. I'm a little bit behind on my portraits due to my inability to be as productive, though. At this point I'm just going to do as much as I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't meet my schedule. I've contacted all of my clients and let everyone know that, while I am still able to work (big YAY), I am not my usual energizer-bunny self. Being semi-incapacitated at the moment, looking back, I am kind of amazed at the amount of work I have typically gotten done in an average weekend up until this point. Oh well!! I am keeping fingers crossed that my Dr.'s appointment tomorrow results in some relief and help with recovery from this thing. I thank all of my clients for being so understanding and supportive during this time - I really appreciate your kind words and thoughts!! :)

No comments: