Friday, April 07, 2006

Charity Event Tonight - Accessport America

Well, I've broken one of my own rules. See, I donate to a lot of charities, but *because* I get so many requests for donations, and also because my work is all about pets and their people, I have a general rule that as far as pet portrait donations, I don't do non-pet related charities....enter my mother-in-law, Gail. She has been working with this group, Accessport America. So I don't have to get creatove paraphrasing their mission statement, I've pasted it below...

About Accessport America:
AccesSportAmerica, a national, non-profit organization dedicated to the discovery and achievement of higher function and fitness for children and adults of all disabilities through high-challenge sports.


Anyway, being a victim of stroke herself, this organization is near and dear to her, so when she asked me to donate to their charity, well, I couldn't say no. I mean, she IS my mother-in-law. I broke the rules. Just this once.

Here is the link to the organization.
Here is a link to the Event page.

Ok, now I am going to be a total little fan and tell you that Chris Cooper and his lovely wife is will be there! (Well, they are listed as the Honorary Chairs, so I am assuming that they will be there.) I am a fan of Chris Cooper, so that gave me a little thrill knowing that he will be in attendance - although he will probably be behind glass, ha ha (This is Boston, not New York.) Lenny Clark is the auctioneer. Should be a good time. I'm actually thinking of going back home before heading to the event to get my camera, to be honest.. ;)

No comments: