Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cedar


This is Cedar, a lovely lady! Her mom is a baker, and imagined Cedar floating in a sky of treats. This was a great idea, and one I had never done before, so it is extra-exciting!

This is the ink stage. I really love how this is progressing. I don't know if I've ever done a more carefully detailed long-haired coat. Oh, I guess that's hard to quantify, really, I can't say that I haven't. But I can say that I am very, very pleased with the detail of the coat and the level of sensitivity I've captured with regards to Cedar's coat's specific waviness.

This one will be a ball to paint in as well but there are a trillion details, so I'll have to come up with my plan for the dashes, swirlies and other small details before I begin. There are a few methods I can use . I think I know which way the wind is blowing, but I will keep it to myself for now. :)

No comments: