Saturday, September 02, 2006

Got a rejection...

But I think I am getting used to it! It's par for the course in this profession. It seems every time I get another rejection, the mope time is less and less. I think I moped for, like, 2 minutes. Plus they told me that they really appreciated the time and effort I put into my presentation, so that was great unsolicited feedback.
In any case, I super hope that someone relates to my package. I sent five out a few weeks ago, to five companies I felt might really like my work There was one company in there that I am completely mentally married to in terms of my wanting to work with them. But this is just an exciting business, it's the roll of the dice in some ways, in others it's how well you can peg a company style to be parallel with your work's style, what you view as your market channel, your core audience, etc. So another learning experience! I'm just glad I keep trying. :) Perseverance is the name of the game.

No comments: