Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Just a plug for chickengirl

I often forget to check her site (thank goodness I have her blog bookmarked here) but I just have to shower props on Chickengirl (a.k.a. Jannie Ho). Her illustrations are amazing, and her designs are fantastic! I illustrate and design, too, and I really, really appreciate the skill, sensitivity, attention to detail and target-market appropriation evident in her illustration-informed design. It rocks!! Her illustration style calls to mind some of my favorite vintage illustration work, yet it's totally fresh and simplified (but in no way simple! It takes a lot of work to look 'effortless'). I am absolutely, completely bananas over her work

2 comments:

Chickengirl said...

I don't know what to say but a BIG thank you for your kind words!!! (and a cluck cluck!)

Bearuh said...

I agree.. Chicken Girl.. you ROCK!
Oh and I am extremely jealous of you working for nickelodeon..