Sunday, February 18, 2007

I am a lucky girl to have such talented friends...

I needed to get some publicity promo shots done for the very first time (!!!), so I called on my friend Stephanie Mitchell, an exceptionally talented photographer. She has taken pictures of some of the most heralded, talked-about people in the time that she's worked for Harvard University News Office! Today, she was so kind and generous as to find the time in her schedule (on very short notice, as well) to do a photo shoot with yours truly. It was such an experience! I have never had a 'real' photo shoot before (well, okay, there was that time I had one done for my high school yearbook photo - but, you know, that doesn't really count). This was a master photographer here who shot me today (in my opinion, she is up there with Annie Leibowitz, but she's local)! From what I saw, the pictures came out amazing. To be honest, I was in kind of a jam and was just looking for something halfway-decent, non-embarrassing and something that was clearly the work of a professional photographer - - but, as I knew from the get-go, Steph just doesn't 'do' halfway-decent. She does AWESOME, PERIOD!! :)
I will ask her if I can post a shot here once she delivers to me. I am in awe of her great talents (always have been, and always will be)!

2 comments:

Muffin said...

Kathy, - I finally did it! :P I did the tagging thing. Sorry for being sooo slow. :P

the enigma said...

would love to see it!:)