Saturday, June 23, 2007

The power of Photoshop

Pencil drawing with a Gradient Mask applied
Gradient Mask is kind of like using a duotone, but it is FAR more powerful - you can choose multiple colors and multiple effects)



Pencil drawing original

I finally did it - I joined NAPP! That stands for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. I have "been meaning" to join for at least a couple of years... But, I didn't - - until NOW!

I use Photoshop every day (mostly for design work), and I've known for a long time that there were many wonderful possibilities that I had been leaving untapped. I wondered, what would I learn that would be "practical" for the kind of work that I utilize photoshop for the most? The answer is that I have found is that NAPP is an absolute treasure trove of practical, useful, (and I mean "everyday-useful") Photoshop knowledge! It's kind of mind boggling. Just today, I've discovered two new things previously unbeknownst to me, that I was able to immediately put to good use - one of them is shown in the Thank You bunnies pencil drawing - - what a way to jazz up a pencil drawing!!

I've been using Photoshop daily for nine years. So, just by default of practically living in Photoshop, I knew a lot already. But it's WILD (and kind of fun, I dare say) to find out how much I have to learn about what this great program can do, and how much I will learn every single day by using this web site. I'm so excited to put my newfound knowledge to work.... PLUS, you're really not "goofing off on the web" when you are reading a tip or watching a tutorial on NAPP. You're learning, and it's really fun. This stuff is immediately useful. I'll tell you, NAPP will make you look like a Photoshop Superstar!! (I think I'm on my way!) :)

1 comment:

Majeak Ann said...

oh! didn't know about this effect, thanks for sharing Kathy!
Always sweet to visit your blog :)
Did I mentioned I have a new blog? Here is the link:
www.majeakann.wordpress.com
Hope to see you there and say hi!
Happy saturday!
xoxo,
Marjorie