Sunday, July 15, 2007

Upcoming portrait - Emilee and Julian


Here are a couple of cuties which I will be doing a portrait of soon - Emilee (right) and Julian (left). These two have a really flirty relationship - - it seems that he does the flirting, and she does the big-time rebuffing. She's a beauty queen, and he's the jocky guy who is always trying to get her attention... very cute!! Of course a high-school theme fitted well for their dynamic, in theory, but that idea got scrapped because I felt that that the theme did not quite match my style of art and I felt that I'd have some logistical issues in executing this theme. So instead we are going for a "Birth of Venus" theme. Emilee will be on the shell and Julian will be worshipping her. Of course my take on this theme will not match the composition of it's inspiration, but I am confident that I can do something which is reminiscent of BoV and also is true to my own style as well as being true to the dynamic of these two lovely kitties.

In other news, I'm working on another two-kitty portrait which is a secret surprise for someone, so I can't post any progress here. But I can tell you that it is coming along beautifully and I am thrilled with it so far!!

No comments: