Sunday, July 15, 2007

A work in progress


This is the progress I've made on this illustration thus far. I've been doing it solely in Painter X. I like how this is progressing but, honestly if I had done it in PS I'd have completed this three times over by now. I guess it is all a part of the learning curve and I know that it is worthwhile to struggle through the process. It's just tough when you're in the middle of it.

There are things I wish I could easily do in P X that I haven't figured out how to do yet. (I'm sure there is a way, but I have not taken the time to figure it out yet because I am clamoring to finish this piece.) These same things are easy for me to do in PS. But back-and-forth between P X and PS just won't work for me right now, so I would need to complete work in P X, then bring the whole enchilada into PS. If P X and PS can't be integrated into one program (in my dreams), I at least wish that they were easy to ping-pong work in, back-and-forth.

I think that, in the name of expediency and consistency, I'm going to start my next project in PS and then see how it goes from there. Maybe I'll find things work better starting out in PS?

No comments: