Sunday, December 02, 2007

Illustration Friday: Excess

Pinkie's lament
Pinkie's lament © kathy weller

Fashion-plate Pinkie is in a conundrum,
Her closet inspection this morning is humdrum
She needs to go shopping, there's nothing to wear
She must invite kitty to help her compare!



Pinkie is a chihuahua whom I had the honor of painting a year or so ago. She is the Queen of Pink Excess! She is also the most wardrobed, fashion-plated little princess I've ever seen. Hope you enjoy the portrait and the poem!

8 comments:

imwithsully said...

That much pink must hurt a little doggie's eyes. But, the illustration turned out quite lovely. The details are so fun!

Nicole said...

my, what a posh pooch!

Kathleen Rietz said...

LOL!!!! This cracked me up. So funny, I love it though!

Ella said...

Yep, total excess! I feel like in 'Hello Kitty' land. I love how detailed the painting is.

studio lolo said...

My Chihuahua would completely disown me if I dressed her! This sure does make an adorably beautiful illustration though :)

NANCY LEFKO said...

portait and poem are both FAB !!!!

Anonymous said...

Maximum pinkosity, well done !

Roberta said...

I never put a dress on Bella! Really cute illustration!