Thursday, January 31, 2008

"V-Day" is right around the corner...


Valentine's day is coming up...I know, I know. I'm not a fan of the unnecessary pressure that the holidays' arrival tends to bring out in some either... But, I AM a big fan of creating ornamental and decorative art, and... I AM a huge fan of symbols of all kinds, and, well...I DO love pink... soooo, I guess you can sort of understand my *aesthetic* appreciation of Valentine's Day. It is a FUN holiday to do artwork for!! :) Yay for hearts, swirlies, and X's and O's!! (...and, besides all of that, I really don't mind a holiday centered around chocolate.)

For those that may have a slight tendency to break out in hives or a cold sweat, and possibly feel a primal urge to quickly locate an underground bunker and hole up til the storm passes, here's a newsflash-- you got 13 days until V-Day. If the all-media marketing push hasn't hit you *yet*, it's only a matter of time, so hurry to the store for some canned goods, candles, batteries and bottled water... ;)

2 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Kathy...

this is lovely ....and I am a huge fan of Valentine's Day...the pink, the red, the hearts, and ofcourse the CHOCOLATE....lol

Thanks for popping by for a latte...

Always nice to hear from you...

Cheers,
Diana

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Kathy!
I love your post! Any day is a great occasion to make art and celebrate!
:) Melissa