Saturday, February 02, 2008

Meg Says...

The talented illustrator and blogger extraordinaire Megan E. Jefferey wrote this excellent essay to mark her SEVENTEENTH anniversary as a freelance artist. Lucky for us, she decided to share it with us all.

I discovered this post right around the time that she first posted it to her blog (August 2006). In it, I discovered so many gems of wisdom that were so pertinent to me at the time! (Come to find out, they truly still are.) I thanked her profusely for sharing it, and promptly hung the essay list on a wall in my office.

Cut to a year and a half later. I did a little rearranging in my office studio last night, and I came across my copy of "17 Things", which fell off my wall a year and a half ago. I read again, with just as much interest and thirst for the information as I did back then. It contains such evergreen wisdom which is applicable for freelancers in their first, fifth, and fifteenth year!! I hope you get as much out of this as I did (and still do)!

Hey Meg, thank you SO much (again). :) ...And, by now -- Ta - Da!!! -- you are WELL INTO into your 18TH YEAR!! Big Congratulations, Meg!!!!

3 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Kathy!
Great post! i love megan's list and her wool felted pugs.
i favorited her shop on etsy last year and it was fun to see her shop on her blog from your link. it is a small world!
melissa

Diana Evans said...

Hi Kathy...

what a great post...thanks for the link....It is a great post and great information to share...

I wish you all the best always...

Cheers,
Diana

Kate said...

Thanks Kathy, for directing us to a wealth of information!