Monday, March 03, 2008

Just catching up...

I am so super-exhausted. I cannot even adequately describe. It's been a really busy couple of weeks. I've been working on something really exciting (really, really REALLY exciting, ok?) but I'm not spilling the beans yet. Anyway, at the moment, it is in the bag as much as it possibly can be at this juncture -- SO, that's GOOD. I have a real sense of accomplishment and I have very high hopes. Please please please send lots of happy vibes!!

I'm also working on a pet portrait -- SO cute -- a St. Bernard (my first)!! Also will be doing an upcoming cover for the Graphic Artists Guild national newsletter. I'm trying to brainstorm something really good, but also really "me" for the supplied subject matter, and let me tell ya, it's a teeny bit of a challenge so far, but I think I can do it. ;)

Also, more kid art for some promos coming up real soon. One of thise pieces is going to be for Picture Book 2009. I'm so excited that I'll have a presence in PB 2009 under the Tugeau 2 umbrella. Yippee!! Pretty awesome.

Another promo I'll be doing is for something different. For that one, I will likely tackle the window-shopper girl and do a final piece of it (finally, you say? ;) ) I'm thinking that might be nice in pen and ink (traditional). I may do some revisiting of long-past-used mediums soon (namely, liquid ink). Not sure about that, though -- we'll see. More on that later.

Lastly, my agency started a BLOG!! It's a great thing and I'm glad. I plan to contribute regularly, not sure of the exact schedule, but regularly. For starters to get the blog rolling, I'll let you know when I post and maybe you will check it out. It's bound to be a great outlet -- LOTS of really talented, really great artists. (Lucky me to be in such stellar company!)

In personal news (and just for kicks, I'll share), I attended my 20th high school reunion this past weekend. What a trip that was. It was really great to see old faces and catch up a bit. With some, I felt like there was so much to say and not even time to scratch the surface. You're at a loss for words in those situations, what can you say. (Half the time, I'm like, what just flew out of my mouth?) Anyway, it would be really nice to see some of them again sometime soon in the not-too-distant future (um, definitely BEFORE the next reunion. ).

Okay... that's all for now... over and out. More later!!

Kathy

5 comments:

ChatRabbit said...

Sounds like things are going great Kathy- yay!
WHAT is this cryptic project you've been working on?
Tell us, tell us!! heehee

Gina Perry said...

Ooooh, what do you have cooking? I'm sending happy thoughts for you! It seems like so many agency/rep websites are similar and don't offer much in the way of a personal touch - a blog seems like a great idea.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

ooh well I am curious as to what you have going on! :-)

I too am working on a piece for picturebook 2009. Its tough for me to come up with something for the moment....

I will send you some happpy chicken vibes. Its good stuff! :-)

Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow! Can't wait to read about (or hear about) what you have been working on!! YOu have a lot going on. Good for you!

I attended my 20th class reunion in '06...what a riot! Sort of a surreal experience, huh?

Best to you Kathy!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't attend my reunion back in MI in November, but I'll bet it was fun, oh well, maybe the 25th one! I can't wait to hear your big news, and yay for your PB page!! I'm sending lots of buzzing good vibes your way, and just in time for spring too! Take care!! and we have to iChat soon!!

a : )