Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New paintings

I've been painting lately. I have completed five small paintings thus far, in acrylic. Aaaahhh!! It's been a lot of fun!

Edited to add:
I should probably also mention that I spent the better part of this evening trouble-shooting. I have an Epson Photo Stylus R1800 and was having some major output issues -- you should have seen what I was getting instead of prints. I call it mud! :(

Anyway, after a few days of online forum reading and learning the ins and outs, I was able to troubleshoot away my printing problems. (YES!!!) I am not posting this to bore you silly with technical mumbo jumbo though. I am posting it in case any other poor soul out there is potentially experiencing the same frustrating problems with their own Epson R1800 on a Mac running 10.5X. If that sounds like you, please feel free to email me and I'll send you some web resources, so you can do your own experimenting to fix this problem. The fixes are not necessarily cut-and-dried, so you have to mess around and try a few things. But there is no reason for you to reinvent the wheel when I have resources available and ready to help someone having similar issues. :)


I made some prints from three of the pieces. They came out velvety smooth and delicious! So I posted them for sale here in my Etsy shop. If you don't want to go there to see them, you can instead see them here and here.

6 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Kathy...

wow ...wonderful new work and what fun to work traditionally...love your paintings....and what fun to do them just because...

You should join in on the 21 Day Creative Exercise...it is so much fun to just do whatever you want...and all you need to do is spend a minimum of 15 minutes at it....I am only on day 2 and I am having so much fun...creating just for me...

Have a wonderful day and keep in touch...

Kathy Weller said...

Diana!! That is an awesome idea!!
I saw that you are doing that and it is so great, a wonderful idea and especially cool to have blogger creatives all doing it together - nice sense of unity!

I was there when the 'gauntlet was thrown' so to speak ;) ;) -- when Laurie Halse Anderson, keynote speaker at NESCBWI, challenged us, her captive audience, to find just 15 minutes in every day to do our creative work whether it be writing or artwork, or whatever, and after 21 days, it is essentially habit.

That was two weeks ago. I feel am making up for lost time!! ;) It's a lot of fun.

Thanks so much for the comment and the "hi" :)

ChatRabbit said...

This is adorable! I didn't realize you had an etsy shop- I favorited you!

BTW- YES, the Key Monsters (aka "FreaKeys")are mine- I'll have to check out that shop sometime!

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi kathy!
i just love this new painting and the good dog black pug on etsy is wonderful!
:) m

roz said...

BEAUTEEEFUL!
LOVE it.

Bearded Lady said...

Hi Kathy,
Great painting. Makes me think of how cats always find the coziest spots.