Sunday, September 14, 2008

Illustration Friday: Island

This is another ATC I recently made. I call it "Fiery Kitty on Volcano Island". You can see the volcanoes in the distance along with other 'island landscape' accoutrements... Hope you like! (Click here to see another one of these Marvy marker ATC's which I posted at the Sugar Frosted Goodness blog last week.)

I had another unthinkable episode of DISK FAILURE tonight (YES -- for the second time this summer - can you believe it --what is in the air??). This time, it was not my main hard drive like in July (which was replaced under warranty-YEAH!!), but instead it was my main external that I work off of (I don't usually work off my internal hard drive). I also have a back-up for my that one - my active external (the one that is now not working), but I had not backed it up in a couple of weeks. Luckily (...I guess) I have not been doing digital artwork in the past couple weeks and saving it directly to my external hard drive, but I *did* lose a slew of cropped and organized scans that I saved there. Oh well -- I can rescan, no biggie, and I could have lost a LOT more.

8 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi kathy!
what a great, positive attitude you have. i love how you find something to appreciate in this frustrating situation vs being upset about what you temporarily lost. you are great!
i love your new kitty atc and if you ever make another pug book or want to sell one of the ones you made this summer, i'm here with both arms waving yelling, ooo, ooo, me, me, me!

emilayusof said...

love it! great style!

Shugar said...

oooh, two of my favorite things in one illustration...the cat and the color pink! Nice!

Michelle Henninger said...

I love the texture and color in this piece. Very cool!

INDIGENE said...

Texture is hot, hot, hot! I'm loving the kitty!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I like your header. I also really like the proportions of the kitty. The boxy shape and the fat tail are unique. Very nice.


http://curlyillustrator.blogspot.com/

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

This is just adorable. I love the colors and the textures

Phyllis Dobbs said...

Kathy, your kitty ATC is great! Kitties are everywhere I look recently and I mean everywhere!