Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Foundation for Childrens' Books Event Listings



I subscribe to New England SCBWI's Yahoo Group listserv. Today, someone posted about a conference happening on Oct. 25 called What's New In Children's Books. Sounded good to me, so I checked out the web site to find out more. It turns out that there is a nonprofit organization called the Foundation of Children's Books that I'd never heard of before. Even better, they are located in Boston, and have several conferences throughout the year in places such like Boston College, MIT and Boston Aethenaeum -- all within easy access to the city, or in the city proper! I'm going to sign up for a few of these conferences. I'll let you know which ones I pick!

3 comments:

Gina Perry said...

I went to one of their 'conversations with' events last year, with Molly Bang. It was a great event, very well moderated and certainly convenient if you live in the Boston area! I can't figure out if all those author/illustrators will actually be there for the event on the 25th, what do you think?

Kathy Weller said...

Gina, I do think so... at least I hope so. It certainly sounds like it from the description though. Are you thinking of going? If you do, please let me know - it would be great to meet you there. :)

Gina Perry said...

I'm not sure if I'll go to it yet - I'll keep you posted if I do so we can meet up! It would be nice to get an autographed copy of Roddick for my nephew - he just did a book report on Diary.