Sunday, October 19, 2008

*sigh*


I've been feeling not so great for a couple of months now, and for some time, I've simply been too busy just trying to take care of my health to continue to work on my art goals. Luckily, I have been able to juggle what I already was committed to without feeling overwhelmed, but any other art work obligations had to be put on the back burner.

Well now, I'm feeling a whole lot better lately and have been more able to start tackling ALL of my projects again. It's a little overwhelming to try to do everything at once, and I don't think that's realistic anyway. So I'm going about it this way: First, I'm prioritizing what the most important things are (Group A). Things that fall under this umbrella are client work and anything else which is deadline-driven, and children's character and style development (ongoing thing). The second thing I'm prioritizing are my own other creative projects (Group B). These include any art collections I'm creating for possible future commercial use, and then also non-commercial projects like Artist Trading Cards would fit into this group too. I keep my Group A's in the forefront and those are my primary projects, and then I work on my Group B's when I need a break from my Group A's. It's good for me to have a couple of things going at any given time because jumping around is a mentally refreshing way to work for me.

4 comments:

Monica Lee said...

Oh this is what I need to do! ABC...I am rabbit trailing lately!You are so organized!

Unknown said...

Thanks Monica but that is VERY generous of you. I'm a work in progress!! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad are feeling better! You certainly are organized! I could learn a lot from you.

Just love our style to bits!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Sorry to read you have not been feeling so good. You have been on my mind, but our virtual paths have not crossed much as of late. Hope you are doing well. I am working on 2 childrens books right now and several side projects (sounds more glam than it is...which is always the case!). Love the pet portraits as always.