Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fiona, Olive & Abe



Here is one of the latest portraits I'm working on. Fiona and Olive are two lovely kitty cats, and Abe is the house hedgehog. Very cute little guy, if I do say so myself.

These are very rough thumbnails for composition. I began doing these roughies for clients awhile ago - it's an added step but I think it is a necessary one, AND it also leads to a more well-thought-out composition! SO when I go in and start working on the finer points, the framework is in place. Natural progression really. I don't post these often to this blog, but it is an integral part of the process.

I came up with two options here. They are both very similar but have specific differences (which I went through in detail with the client). Hope you enjoy seeing the process of this portrait!

No comments: