Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm a proud new member of Boston Handmade

This February marks my first full month as a member of Boston Handmade! BH is a group of artists, artisans and crafters in the Greater Boston area, who all sell on Etsy. It's a pretty special group, and I'm very honored to have been accepted into the fray. The BH group is very active in local arts-commerce related events in these parts. Just this past December, I was thrilled to be a part of the Boston Handmade Downtown Crossing holiday store. With the help of the city and the mayor, BH transformed a storefront in the heart of Downtown Crossing from empty and grey to CRAFTY and YAY! We sold a lot of great stuff for people to give, and we got some pretty fantastic write-ups in the local papers (particularly the Globe and Herald which wrote full articles but got a line blurb in Decor 8, too!). Pretty awesome stuff. Anyway, I so enjoyed the whirlwind experience and sense of art community while hanging with the BH crew, that I thought, HEY, I am going to see if I can become a full-on member here!! So I did, and (yay) the rest is history!

Anyway, a new "new member" interview has been posted on the Boston Handmade blog featuring Yours Truly, and I wanted to share it with you. Please do check it out if you are so inclined, and also check out all of the fabulous artist members of BH. It's a very diverse and vibrant group. Lucky me to be a part of it!

1 comment:

Lucie Wicker Photography said...

Great post and interview! I just wanted to say we are also on twitter if anyone wants to follow- http://twitter.com/bostonhandmade