Friday, April 03, 2009

Chewy the Dachsund


Meet Chewy the dachsund. Chewy is no longer with us, but this portrait will serve as a comforting tribute to him. Chewy was aptly named -- he loved to CHEW everything! His family had a great idea of somehow integrating the concept of Chewy chewing his way through the world and beyond. Taking into consideration the source material available to me as well as the "Chewy chewing up the world" concept, I came up with a sketch that the above ink drawing was based on. Chewy's family loved it! (The little kitty cat in the corner is a symbol of Chewy's friend, Chubs.) Next stage will be final painting. Stay tuned, to see the progress!

3 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi kathy!
oh I LOVE it! i cannot wait to see more!

xoxox
melissa

Bari said...

I love it. My childhood dog was a dachsund. His name was Ratfink. Also aptly named as he was a Rat and a Fink that had a penchant for garbage.

Unknown said...

Bari-I happen to love both dachsunds AND the Rat Fink cars!!
http://www.ratfink.org/vehicles/index.html
Ratfink sounds like he was quite the character!! Thanks for sharing.
kathy