Friday, May 01, 2009

Dog Painting Demo Part 4 is up



Part four of my first video demo is up now, here and on You Tube (where you can also catch video demos parts 1, 2 and 3). I'm getting a little better at putting these videos together (hey, we have a title! Whoopee!) It's also shorter, about 5 minutes long. (I like shorter videos... they are easier to digest.)

In this video, I paint a little Beagle's head. I do a lot of talking about the painting and my process. Of course I hope that this makes up for the lower video quality, but I know better than that. Ha ;).  So I will let you know that I am looking into higher-quality video for future video demos! I really want to show you some more DETAIL in the work, than the quality of my Flip video camera can do. So keep that in mind. Have faith! I'm improving!

Dog Painting Demo Part 5 is also complete but not live yet! I will be posting it soon! Demo 5 is all about using the white of the page as a tool to help create texture and light in the painting. So please stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Thanks Kathy! You are getting better at the video and the progress is fascinating. You are so good with that teensy brush and have an enormous amount of patience!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ginger!! I appreciate your support and encouragement a lot. I'm so glad I've made some mini-steps in the learning about video. I think, in the future, I'll look back on the first few and chuckle, but I know that I have to start somewhere! There is no waiting for perfection, I am learning on the fly. I'll get stronger as I go! :)