Friday, September 25, 2009

Party Animals Week, Day Five: Process, Part Two


See Part One here



Once my pencil work was completed, I went in with my Rapidograph pen (.25 point size nib). I love this part of the process. I can kind of "zone out" and let my brain go on autopilot. Inking the lines is still a very creative process but it's kind of like rollerskating wearing knee pads. You are protected to begin with, but you can take a few chances and still feel safe.

And... Ta-da!! Here is the final painting!






Book giveaway ends tonight at midnight EST.
> Enter my Party Animals book giveaway

Hey... one last thing... Today is my sister Julie's birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIE!!!!

5 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Wonderful Kathy. I agree about the zoning out... but what great results with the color. Fantastic!

kim said...

This is so awesome! But then again, I love the pen version just as well.

Angels Eyes Tear Stain Remover for dogs said...

That is a very beautiful artwork. I am very sure that pet lover, most especially dog lovers, will definitely gonna love that. Also, you are truly blessed in making such a wonderful piece. I hope you still have more and I look forward in seeing those.

Eric Barclay said...

Outstanding.

Kathleen Rietz said...

I simply LOVE your work!!!!! This is so charming.