Monday, November 30, 2009

Sugar frosted goodness




I've been off the blogging radar for the last couple of weeks! My major apologies to followers of my "Rosie my last pet portrait" project and my "schoolgirls" from-sketch-to-final project. Those will be picked back up after Dec. 6th!

I've been laying low for good reason - I am furiously getting prepared to vend at the upcoming Bazaar Bizarre Boston! This is one of THE annual premiere holiday art markets in Boston. I am so excited to be a part of it this year. It will be my first time at the Bazaar Bizarre. I will proudly be vending with the fabulous local group of Etsy artists, Boston Handmade.

Each item in these photos is handmade, and all of the illustrations used on the ornaments is of my own original illustrations, including the hand-drawn lettering.

Just for fun, here are some of the pencil sketches of the lettering... so you can see my process a bit..

I've only made a handful of each ornament design (labor intensive!) and once they are gone, they are gone -- so if you see something you like... you know the rest. ;)

Hope you enjoy!






6 comments:

Unknown said...

omg Kathy! So cute! And so worth all the glitter clean-up! They really turned out well! Love the hand-drawn type!

ellen Crimi-Trent said...

love them!! hope you sell out Kathy!! they are soo cute !!

Unknown said...

Thank you both so much!! Gosh sometimes you make things and you wonder if they will end up looking really cool, or if they will end up looking like a 2nd grade craft project... NOT that 2nd grade craft projects aren't WAY COOL!!! Ha!! Anyhow, I appreciate your comments ladies!

Loni Edwards said...

Adorable Kathy! Looks like you put a lot of time into them. Very nice!

Linda O'Neill said...

Your ornaments look FABU, Kathy! Good luck at the Bizarre...I'm sure you'll sell out!

AD said...

Those are adorable!! Love your blog.