Saturday, January 02, 2010

Rosie is Complete!!

Please click on images for enlarged view

Rosie is complete! I am very happy with this portrait. It was so fun to work on. Even though I felt, in a way "freer" creatively with this portrait, note how my style is the same as my other portraits, extremely detailed and pretty tight. (See the monster I've created?? LOL just kidding folks! ;) ) Anyway I hope you have enjoyed checking out Rosie's beginning 12 & 3, middle 1 & 2 and this final piece.

I am saying good bye to pet portraits now, but some time in the future I will be creating a book featuring many of my favorite pet portraits. It is a project that I plan to do in the future, probably this year. It's been my goal to do this for years, and I might have the time to do it this year! I'm not sure of which company I will use for my book, it depends on a few factors unknown at this time. But you can be assured that print quality is extremely important to me and will be a major priority.

To all those folks who have tuned in time and time again to see what I was up to on the pet portraiture front, a HUGE THANK YOU for all of your support, comments, feedback and general interest over the years. I'm forever grateful to you and I appreciate it so very much. Please keep in touch, and please continue to visit me here to see what I am up to! I can say that this year is going to be GREAT! XOXO

4 comments:

Loni Edwards said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you chose! Happy 2010, Kathy!

CHRISTINE HUMPHRIES THROCKMORTON said...

Thank you for such an exquisite portrait of my dog. I love it, and my husband will, too!!!

Pupu Sulaiman said...

i like it!!! :D it look vintage.

princesstomato said...

Looks great, as always, Kathy. Wishing you all the BEST for 2010. I, too, am giving up a part of my art life that has over the years been a huge part of my life. It is bittersweet, but in order to make room for new goals, I guess sometimes we just have to do these things. It's all good! I can't wait to see what the years ahead have in store for you. :)