Monday, February 08, 2010

Illustration Friday: Muddy


Here's a piece I delivered last summer. The work was for an song book (kid's edu market). I love doing art for edu song books. They are one-off pieces usually, so they are quick & finite projects. The art called for is usually a nice size to work at (for instance this one was 9 x 12 in, and I've done song book art up to 18 x 24 in, which is fun). There is also plenty of creative inspiration since your illustration is accompanying song lyrics. It's nice to have your artwork married to a song.

11 comments:

mai s kemble said...

NICE!
I also like your new banner.. :)

Ginger*:) said...

I like this, it makes me wish for spring.

And I love that you used some of your fantastic mailer as a banner for your blog.

sandybau said...

Adorable!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Aajwanthi said...

Very sweet! Gardening and getting your hands dirty is soo much fun!

thedoodlegirl said...

oooh I love all of the great details!!

annpil said...

Nice work! Great use of color! Well done. :D

Johana Venessa Mazuera said...

Beutifull, the colos are very well balanced and the composition of the whole illustration too.

Shirley said...

Wonderful composition and sweet characers!! Great piece.

Julie said...

very sweet!

nina seven said...

this is really great, kathy! your characters have such a sweetness to them.

cally jane studio said...

So sweet! Lovely picture :)