Monday, March 01, 2010

My Latest Project In Progress

I've mainly been posting essays and resource information of late, but not much in the way of artwork. Why? Because I've been hard at work on my art licensing portfolio. Unfortunately this is the type of work that I can't show-and-tell at this point. It's been a big undertaking. It's exciting to see my ideas come to fruition in the form of my portfolio. It's a thrill to be finding "my voice" in this arena, as well. But it's a bummer to not be able to share it with all of you! But, with some hope, hard work and good luck, I will make some deals this year. Then, I'll be able to share some wonderful news, as well as some of the art!

Over the past few years I've been studying art licensing quite a bit and with the help of some great people I've acquired the tools to seek out (or seek in, rather) what I could bring to this industry that is unique and unlike anything else that I see out there. As I've been working on my collections, I am seeing my own specific "art licensing style" emerging organically, and it is very exciting. I like what I see, and it's a great feeling to see my work in this light and getting ready for "prime-time".

I've been so entrenched in this work and I can't help but think of how crazy an artist must be while getting ready for a show such as Surtex. The amount of work that I've been putting into just ONE collection alone is astonishing. Central images, patterns, frames, borders and icons... and some of my collections only have some of the above! Anyway, to see my ideas come to life this way is awesome, and I know will be substantially MORE gratifying down the road. So I just wanted to say a BIG CHEERS to all of the artists I know who do this work and bring joy to so many through their art on product. I will be joining you soon and I am SO looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Patch said...

Hi Kathy, I was following from blog to blog and found yours. Great news to be so focused on creating a new line, and yes, I agree about the Cintiq!