Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Sketchbook Project 2011


I'm very excited to announce that I'm taking part on the Sketchbook Project 2011! It should be a great deal of fun. You will be seeing lots of sketch book blog posts from me in the future, blog posts that feature my art work, which will be a nice change of pace!

Aside from the fact that this project is FUN and EXCITING and SOCIAL, I decided to take part because ultimately it supports one of my guiding principles -- to share my art work (or my ART WORLD, rather) with as many people as possible. I think this Sketchbook Project is not only unique and fascinating, but it also fits in perfectly with my desire to achieve more traction toward this principle.

When you sign up for the Sketchbook Project, you must choose a theme from a list of available themes offered. Sticking to your theme rigidly throughout the book is not enforced, but choosing a theme is mandatory. (I interpret the theme as being there to act as a creative catalyst for your sketch book art in whatever way you personally choose to apply it to your work.) When I saw the list of themes, one absolutely LEAPED right out at me. I knew there and then that I had to be a part of this.

I will unveil the theme of my sketchbook in a future post!

Please stay tuned for some Sketchbook Project posts and fun!

3 comments:

Rebecca Collins said...

Wow, have fun! Checked out the site ...very cool project.

Maggie Weakley said...

I am s excited to see what you will sketch. I love your work!
Gosh, I am seeing so many of my twitter favorite artists participate in this project, that I am thinking I should challenge myself and do it too. I'm a little scared though ;/ Anyways I'm can't wait to see yours ;)

Shirley said...

Can't wait to see your sketches! And to see what topic you've chosen!! All the best on this adventure, Kathy!