Monday, April 04, 2011

The "B" stands for... Gigantic

So many things to do!

At the moment, I am working on my Surtex prep as well as files for my debut fabric collection with Northcott Fabrics. I've got a lot on my plate, but I couldn't be happier. This is all work I have been dreaming putting into action for so long, and I am doing it all! What could be better than that?

I have been taking note of some technical issues here in the studio... Files are slow to open, slow to save. This is because many of the files I am currently working on are absolutely gigantic. So gigantic that my working files have been .psb files, instead of .psd files. PSB is the file extension for extra large photoshop working files. I believe it is used for files above 2GB. Since my Surtex most of my banners are 3 feet wide by 7 feet high, I'm working in .PSB format. (I can only guess that the B stands for BIG.) Anyway, I am trying to figure out easier and quicker routes to finish the banners. I have many other tasks to complete, so time is of the essence. I have decided my next computer will be a MacPro.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

essay writing said...

Good luck to you!