Monday, July 25, 2011

Illustration Friday: Perennial

Long time since my last IF, but the theme sang to me this week. I have inspirational quotes on my mind, and this is one of my all-time favorites. Short and to the point, no beating around the bush!

I know that Nike has trademarked the phrase "Just Do It", and I have to thank them for that. If not for seeing this quote everywhere for my entire adult life, perhaps the message would never have seeped in so deeply. It is, for sure, perennial - it has never lost it's power to grow on me, year after year.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Nice! Yes, we all owe a big thanks to whoever the simple-genius was that came up with 'just do it.' Now, if we could only figure out a way to imprint it on our brains so that it was our go-to thought with NO hesitation. Whew.

Kathy Weller said...

Leslie, thanks for your comment! :)
I did a little research on this. The "Just Do It" tag line was first used in a Nike ad campaign in 1988. Dan Weiden, co-founder of the firm Wieden+Kennedy whom Nike still works with, came up with it. (Wikipedia is a fountain of knowledge! :) )