Wednesday, July 20, 2011

See JiveCats Now


Want to see a Sneak Peek of my JiveCats fabric collection with Northcott Fabrics? Guess what?
The wait is over! Hop on over to Northcott! It's not available for retail sale until Feb. 2012, but, check it OUT -- JiveCats is UP!! Whoo hoo! I am seriously thrilled to see the entire collection up on the site for everyone's eyeballs to enjoy and get a little chuckle and fun!

(Quick note: when you get there, please make sure to scroll down the entire page in order to see all the fun pieces of the collection! And there are two colorways - Sassy Pink and Funky Town Brown - so please be sure to check them both out, too!)
 

I hope you LOVE it! I hope you are as TICKLED as I am! I am incredibly proud of this collection and of all the hard work that went into it, and I am - gasp! - really excited to break out the needle and thread  — and then pricking my fingers a few times of course (hazing)! I will certainly also be commissioning other fine sewers to make stuff for me as well , because hey, I can sew, as in put a needle to thread, but I can't SEW, as in deft talent and grace with a needle! Hmmm, I can already list ten things I ABSOLUTELY NEED right off the top of my head... and that's even without making a real list! Gee, I better start researching freelance sewers huh! :) (...Know of any good ones??)

The FUN Print (not the FINE print... this is the FUN print)... These are the things you can count on from me as we get closer to fabric release date (it's aways off, February 2012 - but time does fly):

• There will be fabric giveaways.
• There will be a series of in-depth art process blog posts about the creation of the collection.
These will include...
-rough first sketches-to-final art
-technical details including size of actual art, how I created repeats, and details of how I planned my file out for the printing process

-More fun, more technical and creative art-geeking out, more fun chitter-chatter and pictures and pictures and pictures....

So stay tuned in the coming months for a series of posts. I'll announce posts on Twitter/Facebook too, so you do not miss ANYthing!




7 comments:

Fraske Designs said...

kathy this is soooooo awesome!!!! congratulations!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU ALLISON!!! :D I appreciate it!! :)

Tamara Henderson said...

Congratulations!! Cute collection!

Liz Revit said...

Kathy, congratulations! I love your designs!

Monica Lee said...

Super super news Kathy!!

Unknown said...

Thanks you guys!! :) Appreciate!!

pharmacy reviews said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.