Monday, December 12, 2011

Notebooks!

Lately, I've been experimenting with making these spiral-bound notebooks (or journals, or sketchbooks). It's so much fun to have a new, FUNCTIONAL way to share my art work! I've always wanted to have my art on note books and the like. So, while I work on finding a partner with larger manufacturing abilities than myself, with a wider distribution than I myself can provide, it's exciting to make it happen all by myself. I really love these books.



This one features bunches of pages of speckled paper alternating with bunches of pages of lavender paper. I also added several pages of 100# watercolor paper at the front of the book for extra variety! (Maybe I should add a lavender scent, too? Hmm...)



The cover and back are a very rigid, acid-free matte board in purple. On the front and back cover, I adhered my art prints, printed on an acid- free 100# fine invitation paper.




The place holder ribbon is recycled - cute, eh? I originally received it from my pet-art buddy Christine Throckmorton of I Heart Dogs Studio. (We did a custom pet portrait trade awhile back, and I did her doggie Rosie. Check out all the process posts here.)

 I've been using them and it is SO MUCH FUN for me. I'm a notebook-a-holic and sketch book-a-holic, and I have been wanting to make them for such a long time, so I can't get enough of them. I'm experimenting with different ways to add variety, embellishments, separators, and different papers within the books. I hope you like them!  Once I have the time to really get into it, I will be creating some to sell in my Etsy shop. As always, if you feel so inclined, I'd love to hear what you think. :)



2 comments:

Caroline Simas said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for reaching out on LinkedIn...hope to see you in May at Surtex....love your art! Blessings your way, Caroline

Unknown said...

Hi Caroline! Yes, I am looking forward to Surtex 2012! I will be there (exhibiting). I will see you there! and, likewise~ I love your art too! :D :D (Thank you!)