Friday, August 31, 2012

Everything is a leap of faith


When I am riding on the train, I am often sketching through the bumps and shakes and starts and stops. When I really have to get a drawing out, I will only stop drawing if the train bumps are just making it really impossible to sketch. Some of the little sketchy doodles I sometimes post to Instagram, Facebook or here on my blog were done in a state of jumbled movement. I think there must be something I enjoy about that "challenge" so to speak... either that, or I am purely obsessed and just must draw regardless of the roadblocks in my way. But on some level I think I have learned to deal with it pretty well, or perhaps just been too stubborn to quit doing it. :D


Don't you agree that everything is a leap of faith? We never know what we're going to get with each new decision we make. But we just have to put out the faith that it will work out in our favor. And hey, if it doesn't, you always learn something from each misfire (I know I do). But I also think that, with each misfire, your odds get better. The point is, to never lose faith, and to always, always keep trying, and trying your hardest, and trying your best. Because you just never know what's around the corner.