Monday, November 12, 2012

WIVNTMY: Justo Cascante III



While perusing sketches on Instagram one day, I saw Justo 
"The Wipe" Cascante's work, and I was instantly enthusiastic! I am nuts about pencil and ink line work and Justo's awesome Instagram posts are all about it! His art is fun, humorous, whimsical and he loves his detail (so you know we're on the same happy train there)! Justo is a creative professional who was born in the Phillippines and now works in Hong Kong, and his creative pursuits are just as multi-faceted as his life's travels. He works in children's illustration, 2 and 3d animation, creates 'zines of his drawings, and has exhibited his paintings too.  Here's Justo!



Can you tell us of a favorite creative activity you enjoyed as a child? 


I love doing many things that interest me when I was a kid , I think that's why until now I go back and forth doing things like sculpture, painting, drawings and 3d . But I remember something special! I built miniature cities made of card boards making use of the whole front yard , I keep building this every now and then. This involves lots of painting and drawing and careful city planning hah, draw roads oh yes the parks are the most difficult because of the trees and plants . I'm not worried of getting my materials since my father was an architect. I just felt sad at the end when i finish, I see an empty city streets road marks without buildings and houses.







What was your first job or position as a creative professional?

My first job was a storyboard artist for a dutch filmmaker, I have no news if it was ever produce then I become a sculptor for a visual effects creature shop .




(How adorable is this video that Justo animated and directed for musician Tim Walker? Love it!!)





What is your current favorite medium to work in?
I love 2b pencils they are very me.







Whistle while you work: Do you enjoy working in silence, listening to music, a podcast, or a movie?
I would like to work in silence but any little noise can distract me, so i plug music to make me work continuously in concentration. Im not sure but mostly Progressive House I guess.






See more of Justo at the following places:'
• Justo Cascante {main site}
• Plastic Toy Planet {blog}
• Instagram
• Flickr
• optimoo {zines}
 






 Thanks Justo!!
It's been a pleasure to interview you and to show off your wonderful work!! :D












No comments: