Sunday, December 23, 2012

Blu Penny Exchange: ornaments received!

Happy Holidays!

This year, I participated in the Blu Penny Handmade Ornament Exchange (See the ornaments I made in progress and complete). Well, this week, I received all three handmade ornaments from my other "Tinsel in a Tangle" teammates. How fun!

First to arrive was this wonderful, retro-tastic paper-craft ornament. Looks like letterpress to me! An adorable vintage Santa design with a scalloped interior edge and also a dimensional "ruffled" edge laced in sparkly white glitter.



Next, I received this awesome wood snowflake piece. I think the method used is wood-burning, but I can't be sure. Regardless, it is super-cool!

Last but not least, I received this amazing felt robot character to deck the halls with. I love his little moustache and button eyes—so cute!!!



Here are all of the ornaments from the back..


This was just the thing to get me feeling Christmassy this year. With the upcoming move and all of the packing, rediscovering and excavating going on in our world right now, we decided not to get a tree this year. It's nice to have some new handmade ornaments to cheer me! And, they were each made just for me! :D I love them all. I also appreciate that they are all so very different in material and methods. There's a good mix of materials and themes, here!

So...my first dip into ornament-exchange-land has been really fun and worthwhile! Maybe do it again next year? We shall see!

No comments: