Thursday, December 27, 2012

On the bubble


So now the holidays are over and we've hit the unique time-bubble between Christmas and New Years. I cannot help but reflect on everything that's happened this past year, and where I want to go in the future. I usually don't do this on my blog. Publicly waving the "future goals" flag around new year's is just not something I've ever really done. In fact, I am usually pretty quiet over here around this time of year. New year's resolutions are just not my forte. My philosophy is, if you want to get the ball rolling on something, why wait until the new year to commit to it?

 But, right now, I'm finally in a place where it seems really natural for me to be setting bigger goals and putting real names on them. And, this seems like the perfect time of year to do it. I've had some changes on the outside (new web site) and on the inside too, over the past couple years. But 2012 was especially pivotal. I gained a lot of insights into my place in art licensing (and, not to be too grandiose, but also my place in the world, for that matter). And, bigger picture, I now have way more of a sense of 'knowing', regarding this path that I'm on. I know that this is MY path, I know that it's perfect for ME, and I know that I'm exactly where I should be. I've had clear signs and I've made progress that has really strengthened this truth for me. This 'knowing' is a GREAT feeling.

So in 2012 I had two big-deal things come to fruition that I have always wanted to happen. (More on those later, when I am able to share). And now I know that we can truly make things happen for ourselves if we really Go For It. Nope, it's not easy. But nothing worthwhile is ever easy, and if it was, it wouldn't mean as much. Yes, it is scary to go for what you want. There is definitely stuff to fear. But once you face the possibility of what you fear actually happening, and then you realize that it's not the end of the world, and that it's often not going to stop you for continuing to pursue your goal (and that if it does stop you temporarily or even permanently, then it's time to get creative and Plan B it!) then you can finally leave that little pile of lint in a dusty little corner and just move forward.

So now, I'm looking at the bigger picture. Hey, maybe this year I'll actually make that Vision Board I've always wanted to make but was always a little scared to. Honestly, it really doesn't seem so scary anymore. In fact, it even sounds a little exciting.

Cheers to 2013!


2 comments:

Caroline Simas said...

I love your new fabulous website Kathy! Way to go! It's beautiful! Blessings and happy new year! Caroline

Kathy Weller said...

Thanks so much, Caroline! (I love yours, too!!!) :D Happy New Year to you too!! :D