Monday, March 04, 2013

Meet Littlestar Cindy





Today I have artist Littlestar Cindy on hand and I can't wait to share her sweet art with you. Her work exudes a whimsically innocent quality that definitely falls in the "kawaii" camp but at the same time, it also seems like it's from a completely different era. For me, LSC's work feels like it's been rolled in candy sprinkles of 1940's art and animations like Popeye and Felix the Cat, and vintage swedish fairy tale art which I remember covered these little wood puzzles we would get when I was a kid. To discover that essence of that feeling in LSC's work is such a treat! I hope you enjoy Littlestar Cindy's adorably odd characters and cute art.

© Littlestar Cindy


Can you tell us of a favorite creative activity you enjoyed as a child?

Painting! Painting with lots of colors without limitations and rules.
When I grew up, however, lots of rules and limitations around us result in less and less color that I can use.
Therefore, I hope I can continue to use a lot of colors in my paintings and also remind me that don't forget my innocent child heart in this chaotic era.




© Littlestar Cindy

What was your first job or position as a creative professional?


I'm a Freelance Artist and i really enjoy and love my job.
Although it's not my first job, it's my dream.
I always tell myself to do some meaningful things in my life….
I participated an art exhibition in Japan last year. 
That was an amazing experience which could communicate and share my ideas and experiences with so many energetic people who devoted in art.
In addition, I learned how to enjoy and work with passion in everything I do!!
One of my artwork is greeting card design. It's very meaningful for me.
because you can imagine, people received the card may feel joy, touched or be encouraged. 
Recently, I am working on the illustrations of children's books and i am also painting book games because the book have some game design for children to play. Education is very important and, of course, environment and children are also very important, they are our future.
I hope I can do something meaningful for this society, and do the best of myself.


© Littlestar Cindy




© Littlestar Cindy

What is your current favorite medium to work in?

My favorite medium for creation are computer and sketchbook.
I use the computer to create my works. On the computer, I work with "Photoshop" with "Wacom", it's amazing and I can use any color I want.
Also, I love graffiti so much. Therefore, I like the sketchbook very much. There are a lot of graffiti on my sketchbook.


© Littlestar Cindy


Whistle while you work: Do you enjoy working in silence, listening to music, a podcast, or a movie? Please share!

I really love listening to music when i am painting, it vitalize me! i'm very enjoy it!!
The music genres I love are:alternative rock , Country rock , pop music , Trip hop, art rock , new wave music, dream-pop, chill-out, indie music……

If you have any fantastic music or want to share music with me, please email me! It will be very welcome and I am appreciate it!;)


© Littlestar Cindy

© Littlestar Cindy

© Littlestar Cindy

© Littlestar Cindy


Thanks so much, Cindy!!




Visit Littlestar Cindy at the following places:

Web site:
http://cargocollective.com/littlestar-cindy







No comments: